November 27, 2020
Let's talk about Serial Entrepreneurship.
From music to catering to tech to events, Osei Wright-Alexis has brought his business start-up formula to bear on numerous ventures over the last 15 years. Hear him explain how he knows which idea is going to be next, and when it's time to move on.
Once the challenge is gone, serial entrepreneurs are always looking for the next business spark to develop. Bringing an idea to fruition is exciting, but making sure a business is ready before you move takes focus, patience, a thorough understanding of the market, and then sometimes tedious formulation of the systems and processes that underlie successful operation.
Osei walks us through his successes, failures, and lessons, and drops some serious wisdom for those of you who have too many ideas and don't know where to start.
January 23, 2018
Today, we talk about how to systemize your way into a successful and stress-free life - both personally and professionally.
In this episode, I am joined by guest host Salene Griffith and our featured guest - Jerome "ROME" Precilla, known for his various ventures including:
- Event Management,
- Event Hosting,
- Soca, Parang, and Chutney Soca, and
- Quik Slice Pizza.
All while being a full-time Mechanical Engineer Superintendent overseeing 20+ staff members.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Building a solid foundation through a good education.
- Rome's passion for music from a young age.
- How to run an award-winning food joint without being able to cook - the secret recipe.
- How to get your songs played on the radio as a new Artiste - think outside the box.
- Speaking your goals into existence.
- Why you should get a professional to host your wedding.
- Effective time management skills to make you more productive and socially present, and less stressed out.
- Importance of team support.
- Staying humble in the midst of success.
- Practical advice for listeners.
January 20, 2018
We get it. It's Saturday and we don't want to take up too much of your time.
That's why today is Quick Bite Saturday!
Here we feature 20-minute conversations with entrepreneurs and their passion projects.
Today, I am rejoined by guest host Kamilah Evans as we continue our conversation with Kerrie-Kim Kirton about marrying his knack for event management with his burning desire to improve our environment.
- Kerrie's quest for environmental cleanliness. (0:45)
- The origin of The Open Circle - an extension of Kerrie's personality. (9:05)
- Kerrie's long-term goals. (14:54)
- Building a life that you don't need a vacation from. (16:23)
- BONUS: The story behind the name "Blaq Phabiyo"
Subscribe To This Podcast:
January 1, 2018
What's a better way to ring in your birthday than being midway through recording your first podcast episode ever? I call it a great 31st birthday present to myself.
In this episode, I am joined by guest host Kamilah Evans and my good friend and serial entrepreneur, Osei Wright-Alexis. Osei has always been an entrepreneurial-minded individual who has never hesitated to take action on a business idea he conceptualized.
His current business, Incentivize Network Limited, provides Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) based solutions including corporate rewards and electronic guest management solutions for corporate clientele. Current clientele includes some of the largest institutions and multinationals operating in Trinidad and Tobago.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Osei's mantra of "Why Not Try?"
- His journey through various ventures, challenges and failures.
- How he was able to relieve his single mother's financial burden by supporting himself during University through his own business venture.
- Using your full-time job as a tool to finance your entrepreneurial passions.
- The corporate culture of employee recognition.
- Event Guest Management made simple through IN Events.
- Practical advice for potential entrepreneurs.
- BONUS: Osei's bout with stand-up comedy. Why not?
Vibe Rewards - Employee Rewards and Recognition Platform.
IN Events Caribbean - The Ultimate Guest Management Platform For Your Events
Osei's First Stand-Up Comedy Skit
Contact Osei via Email